WHAT IS ENDOCRINOLOGY?
Endocrinology involves the diagnosis and treatment of diseases that involve hormones (produced by the endocrine glands in the body).
Endocrinologists treat patients with a wide range of endocrine (hormonal) disorders. we can diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions including:
- Bone disorders
- Weight problems
- Calcium balance disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Disorders of glucose and lipid metabolism (including diabetes)
WHAT WE OFFER
Our doctors have a wealth of experience in treating patients with many conditions. Our treatments are evidence-based, and fully integrated. The department has a special clinic for diabetes, endocrinology, metabolism and genetics that deals with:
- Fully comprehensive management of all forms of Diabetes
- Diabetes in Preconception Period and Pregnancy
- Management of Diabetes related emergencies
- All forms of Pituitary Disorders / Tumours and Dysfunctions
- Thyroid Disorders: Hypothyroidism (Underactive Thyroid), Hyperthyroidism (Overactive Thyroid), Goitre / Nodules
- Parathyroid Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders: Addison’s Disease, Primary Hyperaldosteronism (Conn’s Syndrome), Cushing’s Syndrome, Pheochromocytoma
- Obesity Management, Lipid Disorders, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Hirsuitis
- Calcium and Mineral Disorders, Vitamin D Deficiency / Osteomalacia
Osteoporosis, Pagets Disease
Our Endocrinology Department aims to provide a fully comprehensive patient centred service in a multi-disciplinary setting.